Thursday, October 6, 2011

Follies and Room Service


Uh. My. GERSH. Remember how I saw Miss Bernadette in "A Little Night Music" last spring and fell in love with her even more than I already am? I am officially deeper in love after seeing her in Follies today.
I know it looks like we get paid just to prance about the stage having a good ol time as actors but let me tell you she deserves every comma in her paycheck because that woman has a complete nervous breakdown whilst having to carry a tune on stage 8 times a week. Brilliance though a belted breakdown. She and Sondheim are the reason I do theater, so when I see her do Sondheim I am totally and utterly inspired.
After the show we ate at a shabby chic Asian inspired Thai restaurant called Room Service.
 They don't have a web page I can find but here is the Yelp page.  So good, so affordable and the ambiance was a cross between a Buddhist temple and a trendy lounge with a giant Phantom of the Opera chandelier just chillin in the middle of the space. Apparently Buddha loves the bling. I love a blingy Buddha who giveth me coconut tempura calamari.

No comments:

Post a Comment