Saturday, October 22, 2011

Oh fondue, I love you too

I really enjoy living in an area where I can support local restaurants most of the time and also satisfy the occasional craving for one of those national chains with a short walk. Do you know who's from Hoboken, New Jersey? Frank Sinatra.  Do you know his favorite place to eat there? Melting Pot.
Weeeellll....maybe not but it's mine.

On the Menu:


Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue
Fontina and Butterkäse cheeses, spinach, artichoke hearts and garlic

California Salad
Mixed-baby-salad greens, Roma tomatoes, walnuts and Gorgonzola cheese with Raspberry Black Walnut Vinaigrette.

Steak, chicken and seafood fondues in Mojo-Caribbean-seasoned bouillon with a distinctive fresh-garlic flavor and a citrus flair
 With these toppings:
Curry-A mild, yogurt-based curry that complements fresh vegetables and salmon.
Green Goddess-A blend of cream cheese, sour cream, onions, chives and parsley that is great on vegetables and makes an excellent stuffed mushroom.
Gorgonzola Port-A rich and robust cheese sauce that pairs well with filet mignon and fresh vegetables.
Teriyaki Glaze
-A teriyaki glaze with garlic, ginger and onions.  Outstanding on our steak items.
Ginger Plum-Our own unique recipe with red and green bell peppers, ginger and just a hint of plum that is delicious on chicken and shrimp.

But the cookies cream de la cream was dessert:

Cookies 'n Cream Marshmallow Dream
Dark chocolate topped with marshmallow cream, flambéed, swirled together and garnished with crushed Oreo cookies

Mouth watering yet? I stuffed myself so much don't think I ate for two days after that meal. More like two hours but who's counting...calories??? I'll go to the gym tomorrow. Riiiiight.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm.... we went to the Melting Pot when I was prego w/ Tyler. Deelish! Even though I could do w/o the meat part. Just cheese and chocolate. Sound good? Okay - I'm coming over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where Jesse and I ate the night he proposed in Kansas City! He didn't actually propose at the restaurant (at the same fountain where my dad asked my mom). The "MP" is near and dear to our hearts. Beth- yes, just cheese and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete