Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day-Vermont Edition

Happy Love Day everyone!
So to save ourselves from getting all smarmy (yes I said smarmy) here is my advice to you on V-Day. Single, dating, married, divorced, it doesn't matter....Check out Groupon, see what getaway deals they are offering, and buy one for yourself. Show yourself some love, do yourself a favor, treat yourself, and do something new. I challenge you.
So our chosen Groupon getaway was a little ski trip to Vermont at
Jason actually started laughing when we walked into the room...I don't think he understood exactly HOW MUCH of a rustic mini break I had planned
I mean the room was called Stag's Run. There was definitely a theme. ;)
We probably never would have gone there and never tried something new if it wasn't for the deal. It came with a voucher and we were able to choose what type of winter activity we wanted so we tried cross country skiing. The last time I skied was in Lake Louise and I pretty much saw my life flash before my eyes so I was all about trying something hopefully closer to sea level and not involving careening off the side of a Canadian mountain. Here are some pics from those crazy Canadian rockies:
Note: 1. that's not fog. we are IN a cloud   2. somehow I managed to not look petrified for a couple of pictures.  3. There is a four year old doing what I was petrified of.
I loved Cross Country skiing. It took a second to get used to, but we both decided it was amazing exercise and a fantastic way to hike in the winter!
Happy stance Vermont!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you did this. I have been checking groupon/living social and all that fun stuff for adam's bday. The pictures are AMAZING. If you ever go to Vermont again (or if they offer a groupon), I've been dying to stay here: http://snapdragoninn.com/

    A friend of mine from old NYC church moved there a while back and restored it and runs it with her family. Whenever they post deals I am so jealous I don't live closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that inn looks amazing! ...and not that far from where we were. I'm not kidding when I say it was such a dreamy little trip. Love the pace in VT and it was the perfect getaway.

    ReplyDelete