Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Oscars 2013

Well we all know how I feel about 
So I don't really need to repeat my over the top, dramatic, exclamations again over the most glamorous night of the year (right behind cinco de mayo, naturally) but I DO have to post some of my favorite pictures from the best annual night celebrating film.

This has always been one of my faves...wouldn't you like to be a fly on that wall listening in on two of the most glamorous legends of all time? (have I used the word glamorous enough yet?)

A compilation of backstage pictures from celebrity photographer Art Streiber:
 Miss Scarlett herself - Vivien Leigh
 Jimmy Stewart and Ginger Rogers
The glamorous Warren Beatty and Natalie Wood making their arrival

The nominated films I saw this year were Les Miserables, Argo,  Life of Pi and Silver Linings Playbook.  They were all outstanding, but Silver Linings was the most surprising to me. I really really enjoyed it, but Jason seems to think it was because we got to hear a talkback with Bradley Cooper after the movie.
I have no idea what he is talking about.
Cooper, DiNiro, and moderator.
I am not sure how I feel about Seth MacFarlane hosting, as is the rest of Hollywood apparently, but hopefully we will see some entertaining moments and lots and lots of...you guessed it....GLAMOUR!

Who were your favorite hosts of the Oscars?

3 comments:

  1. I liked Silver Linings... but I think it was talked up too much for me, bc when we finally watched it I was expecting something AMAZING, and it just wasn't for me. We are watching Lincoln right now, trying to finish before tonight. Of course want Hugh Jackman, but not sure about that. I was on the edge of my seat for Argo, but Adam just thought it was ok. We'll see.... I've heard so many good things about Life of Pi, even if you didn't read the book.

    LOVE the old photos.... love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot tell you how many times I feel like other opinions/praise/criticisms have affected the way I feel about a film. I wanted to finish Lincoln before tonight but I couldn't and now I may not be able to watch till Tues because of work! Boo! I will have to avoid the internet till then. #impossible

    Oh and by the way...that picture of Audrey and Grace gabbing reminds me so much of us backstage. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY watched Lincoln last night. INCREDIBLE. I had no idea how close we were to NOT passing the 13th amendment. What a miracle we take for granted-thank God for that man.

    ReplyDelete