Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sophisticated Sunday at the Oscars

I love the Oscars.  I don't care that they are probably fixed, under-rehearsed, and as political as a presidential campaign, I love them for this.
and this:
and this!
You got it. The most sophisticated, stunning designers and dresses in the world come out this night. I really don't think I would have to win an Oscar to be happily in heaven with Badgley Mischka, Alexander McQueen and Louis Vuitton teams fussing over me. Well, maybe the statue would be a nice accessory in the end.

That, and Cirque du Soleil! WHAT WAS THAT?!?! I need to book my trip to Vegas NOW. Amazing amazing amazing.

A bit shocked as to how fast this week went by. I feel like I don't even know what happened. Ok it's coming back to me. I re-did my webpage a little bit...www.adrianalomysh.com...still needs a total overhaul reno but I simplified (sensing a theme here?), switched out new pictures and changed my recording clips. Got my new business cards, new thank you cards and new headshots printed...
Which leads me to my quote of the week. As actors we focus on business business business, but in the meantime we also must focus on making art and connecting with our maker to connect with our audiences. After watching the Oscars tonight one can see where that is a fairly clear distinction. Art juxtaposed with big publicity stunt. So I end with a quote from the legendary actress to win two Oscars and was first actress to be nominated for ten Academy Awards.
Without wonder and insight, acting is just a business. With it, it becomes creation.
~ Bette Davis

5 comments:

  1. Nice quote, missy! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your stalker...
    "O mio bab." is not playing on my computer!
    You sound like Dame Kiri Te Kanawa when you sing "fade..they had their season"...the way she sings musical theatre. I wonder if you trained up your opera voice again if you might sound a bit like her. Hmmm.
    Where is "Send in the Clowns"?
    I love "Someone to Watch Over Me". I want the full album when I get back home. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Mo-I definitely do not sound like her but thank you for the compliment! My CD is coming, I just have to get a couple recordings tweaked. Love you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pared down site.... and the recordings are fantastic. Did you decide on the pics for the CD cover?
    And okay okay you are right, Angelina Jolie did look FIERCE that night. That dress was seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The CD is on hold for now...but it's a comin. ;)

    ReplyDelete