Saturday, March 30, 2013

Reflection


Today the sun is shining, fresh spring air is flowing through my windows, and I do believe on my walk to the Polish grocery store I saw a crocus or two. Or twenty. Yes, I do believe that the happiness I feel from Spring finally arriving is definitely her energy smiling from above! Even though I may have had a public cry when I once I got to the store. I was holding a Kolach, all the customers were speaking Polish, and memories flooded me a bit too intensely. No actually maybe it was perfect.
I just wish I had sunglasses on so people didn't think I was crying over the massive amount of gluten I was clutching. Tonight I will make her best dish ever to celebrate her life and love. :) Thank you Mama for this beautiful poem:
                              
In the rising of the sun and in its setting, we shall remember. 
In the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter,
In the opening of buds and in the rebirth of spring,
In the blueness of the sky and in the warmth of summer,
In the rustling of leaves and in the beauty of autumn, 
In the beginning of the year and when it ends, we shall remember.
When we are weary and in need of strength,
When we hear music we love,
When we are lost and sick at heart and need to be inspired,
When we have joys we yearn to share, we shall remember.
So long as we live, Baba, too, will live in us, for she is part of us, 
And we shall always remember.

 -adopted with modifications from Gates of Repentance: The New Union Prayerbook for the Days of Awe Central Conference of American Rabbis

No comments:

Post a Comment