Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Local Eats

I love food. Who doesn't? But I do think there is a difference between someone who likes to eat food and a bonafide foodie. Foodies get OFF on food. On combining flavors and ingredients in the kitchen that have never been assembled before. On finding that local restaurant that makes the best pad thai you have ever tasted. On traveling the world and finding the most amazing coffee shop in Colorado, or English breakfast in London, or sushi in Queens, or limoncello in Italy, or cupcake in Soho, or rodizio lamb in Argentina, or Croque Madame in France.

This was not always the case....growing up my diet consisted of noodles with butter and the occasional carrot. I just wouldn't eat anything. Now it's all changed...including my waistline, but we won't focus on that.  iworkout too you know.  I accept the challenge of more yoga and Pilates classes to fuel my intense desire to try anything and everything tasty.

With the new move of course we had to immediately try out the local cuisine!

First we tried out a polish diner that doesn't have a webpage because I think it has been on our block since before the internet existed. I can have Ukraininan food (ok Polish but it's the same deal) consisting of Slavic sausage, Rasberry blinzes, and Pyrohy.
Ok wait I have found the Sava profile on Yelp:


She is the #1 rated restaurant in our entire neighborhood! I get it. 5 stars.
 It's run by this sweet, hard working Polish lady who makes everything by hand and from scratch. When asked how she's doing she answers. Tired!!! So Tired...life is hard...
Well thank you Polish baba for working so hard for us. ;)


I am glad I live in a fourth floor walk up to burn off all the calories I will be ingesting in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment