Friday, March 8, 2013

Veggie Buddha Bowl with Peanut Sauce


Easiest lunch ever coming from a snowy afternoon in NYC.

So tasty, so simple and a nice change from soup salad and sandwich. Low Calorie, low fat, vegan and gluten free. ALSO, for those of you who are saying to me, Adriana I can't afford to go gluten free I say, go to a local Asian market or grocery store. The noodles and sauce are dirt cheap AND you will be supporting a local family business. Ok? Ok.

Don't really think too hard about these portions. If you want more corn, add more. This is all about throwing a bunch of ingredients together and experimenting with your taste buds.

1 package Asian rice noodles
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup corn
1/4 cup onion
1 cup red pepper
Asian peanut sauce-add to taste

Cook noodles according to packaging. Cook and heat veggies according to packaging. Mix it all up and top with the sauce. That's it! I told you this was easy. Enjoy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Was your Asian peanut sauce in a bottle? Or you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely right out of the bottle! There are a lot of different ones out there-fun to explore...I haven't met one I didn't like. This one I got from the Chinese store and it's my favorite so far. I would love to tell you the name but it's in Chinese. :)

    ReplyDelete