Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cancer Stinks

So we all know how much I am enjoying nesting after years of being on the road living my crazy actor life. So along with this of course comes a slight obsession with HGTV.  Who are we kidding? Slight=addicted. Anyways, my new favorite show is Cousins on Call, a family run business right here in our neighborhood!

They are two, dare I say, handsome but not as handsome as my husband cousins who transform, redesign and renovate spaces in my area of Northern Jersey.  I tuned into them when hurricane Sandy hit us here in Jersey and they went out and helped so many families in need. 
Well, the episode I just watched transformed me.
They went into the home of a cancer survivor, hold your breath, 12 year old Nicholas Tarabokia and his little brother Ryan to give them the basement of their dreams and a space to run their company.
Yes, he is the CEO of

Cancer Stinks.
Cancer Stinks Children’s Foundation’s mission is to bring joy, comfort and to help improve the quality of life of children and their families affected by cancer through advocacy, charity and support.

I have a very hard time understanding why children have to suffer. Wrapping my head around a child going though cancer makes my heart break. I was bawling though the whole episode of course, but actually not because of his suffering, but because of his resilience, positivity, maturity and generosity. Why can't we all be like him?
Let's try.
I would love to take the opportunity to direct you all to their webpage and Facebook page. Please be on the lookout for repeats of the episode....these two boys have the best personalities and make you quickly realize how silly all our little problems are when you see what they have gone through. 

Donate HERE
Like their page HERE
Like Cousins on Call HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment