Monday, April 18, 2011

Astoria, no not Queens...Oregon!

Oregon! Apparently, it rains here approximately 190 days a year, so I grabbed my umbrella to hit the streets again! Apparently, when it rains 190 days a year they make all of their shops and cafes super cute so you can be quite content indoors. Camilla and I and my iPhone found the best little restaurant TPauls, where we had lunch choosing from the widest array of sandwiches, and quesadillas I have ever seen. We ate, drank, and were merry whilst being surrounded by happy inspiring quotes. Breathe in, breathe out. 
Bring it on Pacific Northwest.
Over sized cutlery on a blue piano. Why not?!
You may think what is this Astoria? How far is it away from Astoria Queens? Has Adriana ever been here before? 
The answers are as follows:
  • Astoria is a city situated near the mouth of the Columbia River, and named after the American investor (and first millionaire) John Jacob Astor.
  • 2,996 miles.
  • and strangely enough-YES I have been here before! The shuttle picked us up right at the theater I performed in on tour.  The theater is beautiful, but really old, and my iPhone pics make it look even older. Man if I only had the 4G iPhone. ;)
This poster was in the lobby and I couldn't agree with it's exclamation more.
And of course, we couldn't end the day without a good coffee and pastries. You may notice the gap in the bunny sugar cookies. Well that is because one accidentally jumped in my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment