Sunday, April 17, 2011

Beautiful San Francisco

I was taken away with San Francisco the other day. The weather was perfect, I had ten, yes, ten hours off the ship, and I hit the streets walking which I am utterly convinced is the best way to really get to know any city. Get ready for the barrage of pictures.
I took a left turn out of the port and came upon the fanciest of diners were I had clam chowder (with the clams still in their shell!) and cheddar biscuits with apple cinnamon butter spread.
I made another left out of the diner and came upon the loveliest of little parks...

Made another left, then a right, and came upon cascading flowers on the side of a street...

Another right and a staircase appeared through the flowers and lush green...

So naturally I climbed....

And climbed...

And climbed...

And climbed...
The view from the top...
But that was not high enough...

So I ascended a few more staircases to the Coit tower...
These Coit Tower murals were part of the Public Works of Art Project, the first of the New Deal federal employment programs for artists.
The Symphony and Alcatraz. Home, and glad it's not home. ;)
There a few days in life that are so perfect time seems to stand still. California has a way of doing that to me .

Between the sun, flowers, cottages on the side of a hill, an deco tower, local coffee houses, and a stuffed baked potato made for a very memorable Cali day.

1 comment:

  1. I really felt like I was climbing right along side you. Thanks for taking me on the trip!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete