Thursday, November 15, 2012

From easy mac to easy wrap

I have been teased mercilessly for years by anyone and everyone who knew about my addiction to Easy Mac.  At the time I ate this delicacy with regularity I never worried about my weight.  It may have just been the metabolism of my early 20's, or what I like to call easy mac-tabolism.  Definition: the rejection of most food groups and the desire to make food preparation as easy or non-existent as possible so I could go back to working on that audition piece. 
The plus side of my metabolism is catching up with me, is that I am fully accepting... of rejecting....easy mac-tabolism.

So the other title of this post could be
"what to do with all those leftover veggies in the fridge?"
A bit wordy, so let's make it the sub-title. 
This post maybe a bit of a no-brainer, but in the past if I saw a bunch of leftover random veggies about to take their last breath in the fridge, they would pretty much get dumped. Well not now! Not with real metabolism setting in! and not when you have a couple tortillas laying around! 

Take the leftover veggies:

 Chop them all up and throw 'em down:
 Add some black beans for protein, and low fat feta for, well, just because it's delicious:
 and voila. The easy wrap. Veggie edition.
Just consider this option the next time you think, well it's not enough to really make...anything.
Just wrap it up! Done.

1 comment:

  1. Jesse has a new thing going in the kitchen....you might like this. If he has some random ingredients he googles them together and then recipes pop up. He has come up with some delicious discoveries. He should tell you about this....I don't know the exact process. Your wraps have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete