Friday, November 16, 2012

Papa's New Home-By Jessica Curtis

I am always incredibly impressed when I see my friends take matters into their own hands, think outside the box, and creating something from nothing. That's the definition of creativity right?   
The Webster definition is:
"The use of the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work."
Ooh that's pretty. Let's go with that.

Today's feature friend? Newly published author, Jessica Lynne Curtis.  Last spring we had the honor and pleasure of taking her photograph for the interior of the children's book she has written.  

The title of the book is "Papa's New Home", and it is a perfect story to give hope for a child experiencing the loss of a loved one. 

My friend, power blogger Kristy Glass, interviewed Jessica about the book, and the inspiration behind it.  Check out her post here.  I adored Papa's New Home. Whatever your faith is, the book's essence is purely about love, family and hope. 

As you can see I was quite moved, especially having recently gone through a loss myself.  My only complaint is that it was hard to read with tears welled up in my eyes!  So my advice is, if you purchase this book to help a child dealing with a loss, (which I strongly recommend you do) read it through so you can thoroughly experience the emotions you may have first!

You can purchase the book at Barnes and Noble or Amazon.

2 comments: