Monday, November 5, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

We have been spared here in Jersey City, but the damage in my neighborhood is still extensive. One week later we still have no transportation into Manhattan. Sirens are still going off outside my window as I write this. We were unbelievably lucky to have had electricity for all but 36 hours of the whole experience. Puts it all in perspective, and I swear the once hardened Jerseyites are acting slightly softer. New Yorkers are tough and there isn't any tragedy we can't overcome. We pray for all of those who are still struggling and piecing their lives back together.

This little bridge connected us to Liberty State park. It has been blown off where it used to be attached right next to the sign. 
This webpage:
http://printaidnyc.com/posters/
is selling some beautiful posters and %100 of the proceeds go to Hurricane Sandy victims.
I love this one:
and this one:
And of course this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment