Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day to mothers, and daughters who take care of them

My Mama and Baba waaay before they were a mama and a baba:
Isn't my mom so cute?! I hope if I have a daughter she looks like her! I absolutely adore this picture and thought it was most appropriate on this day that celebrates them.
I think being a mother is one of the most selfless acts on the planet. Not only do you tend to the needs of a little human for 18years and beyond, but you give up your body for the sake of it's existence.  I talked a lot about Baba last month but I realized that through those blogs I never mentioned one very important thing. My mother took care of Baba every day for the last ten years of her life and if it wasn't for her care there is no way she would have been able to stay in her home and in her bed until the very end. This sacrifice was so admirable and unique in our society now. So what I am trying to say is that she was a very selfless daughter as well as selfless mother. I think this selflessness is my mom's very best quality and I don't know if I could ever match her astounding ability to put others before her but I will try my best.
MoLo, MamaMo, Motrianna, and my Ridna Mati Moya...
Happy Mothers Day!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this picture!!! Thank you for sharing it and their stories. You mom is one amazing woman that is for sure...

    ReplyDelete