Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Better than Broadway?

So there are definitely days where every actor wants more from their career. I'm not going to lie, I may have had a few of those days lately. Yes, I would love to book Broadway shows, production contracts, prime-time series and national commercials all the time, but I think I'm really at peace with where I am at right now. Why? In rehearsal yesterday while I looked over my music and the girls were working on "America" from West Side Story...
 I had THIS view to keep me company:
...and it made me feel A LOT better.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get that sentiment... After all the complaining about two bit productions, crazy non-directors, poor marketing of the show, Last night while standing backstage before bows, I told a co-star, "I love our job".
    This costar (who has performed with the best of the best on Broadway already)looked at me and said, "I was thinking the same exact thing"
    The family of the woman about whom the opera is written was right in third row and they all had tears in their eyes. We brought her story to life and it was much more meaningful to me that one sold out night at the Met.

    ReplyDelete