Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Sailor's Spinach Smoothie

Oh you know that Sailor. 

Do you have a hard time with even the thought of eating spinach? Are you afraid of that slightly bitter tough little leaf? Does a spinach smoothie sound hideous to you?  Well you have come to the right place. I was also apprehensive until my sweet sweet hubbie made me this sweet sweet smoothie. NO CALORIE sweetness. I know. This green monster is very tasty, filling, and packed with nutrients. 

Ingredients:
2 cups spinach
1 cup blueberries
2 cups coconut milk
2 teaspoons truvia or zero calorie sweetener

  Fill bottom half of your blender with ice and water. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend!

Well many people have taken the high road to green goodness before me, so I would like to direct you to my friend Krista's blog and her 

Oh and hey moms out there-if your kids don't like the idea of a green drink, put the smoothie in a non-see through cup and call it the Popeye special. Ooh ooh OR you could freeze the mixture using this blend and call them Popeye Popsicles!

2 comments:

  1. This is our fave way to have spinach (or kale). Mmmm. And yes, popsicles are good. I have a friend who adds a drop of mint extract and calls them mint smoothies so her kids will drink them. We like fresh spinach, plain non-fat kefir as the base, and frozen banana or frozen fruit of choice (you can add agave or whatever sweetner if you need it. Or a bit of nut butter, chia seeds, oatmeal, whatever add ins).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have liked spinach more and more lately, but this is still the best way to eat, I mean drink it, me thinks! All those ideas sound great too. :)

    ReplyDelete