Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cupcake Tours

Cupcakes are making a huge comeback and I for one am not disappointed. I'm still on the fence with neon day-glow and acid wash jeans, but cupcakes...yes please. Bring them back in "haute-couture-cuisine" style.

My gorgeous girl Kaleigh was in town and her request was to go on a cupcake tour. For some reason I complied very quickly. ;) She and I were a great team traveling in Europe together, and we both love photography, so capturing cupcakes in NYC seemed like the perfect activity for us.  Most people pay big bucks for these tours but I thought...why not come up with a cupcake tour of my own, tourist free... and...free.

 So here is a very easy cupcake walking tour in NYC's East Village. (all non stamped pictures courtesy of Kaleigh Jones)

We started in Union Square at Baked by Melissa.

After our tasting there, we walked to Crumbs Bake Shop...a bakery that is beyond overwhelming in their cupcake choices.

We walked through the beautiful Washington Square park displaying all it's beautiful fall colors. 
My turkey was so thirsty
No cupcake tour would be complete without a trip to one of the most famous bakeries in NYC, Magnolia Bakery.


But wait!!! You don't live in New York but you're now craving a cupcake? Or two or three or more? Here are cupcake tours across the country and across the pond. What a great idea for bachelorette parties, showers or well... if it's Thursday. ;) Get your cupcake on!

Click on the name of each city to take you to their tour:






4 comments:

  1. Next time you will need to ask Kristy Glass about where to go for cupcakes, too. She is a connoiseur of NYC cupcakes I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a connoisseur of everything! I will definitely ask her if she knows of any off the beaten path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you go to Baby Cakes? They have awesome Gluten Free goodies. Beth is the first one who told me about that place...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I actually did my first stand-in work on Law and Order in their bakery!

    ReplyDelete