Monday, June 4, 2012

Croque madame in Paris, Brats n'beer in Austria

Oh yeah, I am completely sold and I haven't even been to my main destination of Italy yet. I have already decided, kids or no kids, I will be traveling to Europe much much more often in my future. I would move in a heartbeat. It really fits my personality and way of life. I love how people LIVE here. I am turning into a travel addict and the more I see the more I want to see.

We went to Paris in a whirlwind 10hr trip....
It was a blast, but the hi-light for me was definitely ending the night having a picnic in the grass and watching the Eiffel Tower light up while listening to Edith Piaf.
Obsessed with the Croque Madame. OBSESSED.



 My husband arrived two days ago!!! We drove to Dornbirn Austria, an adorable town, and our hotel was quite chic. An orchestra played in the square as we ate our dinner. Too perfect for words. There is live music everywhere...the way it should be.

We drove through the Alps on the most spectacular Alpine route. Breathtaking, jaw dropping... I cannot describe it, nor will any picture do it justice.

We made it to Salzburg for an eclectic music festival happening in the downtown core, we drank local bier and took in every sight and smell.

We made it to the Holy Grail, otherwise known as Mozart's birthplace.

 Today was the Fortress Hohensalzburg, Mirabell garten, and Hellbrunn Palace.

Jason said he wanted bratwurst for dinner and I said I wanted French fries. Here's what we found.

 The weather was perfect all day long and the minute and I say, MINUTE we walked into our hotel there was complete downpour akin to a hurricane. Thank you Baba. She is a great travel angel!

Tomorrow... Venice!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am dying, dying, dying. I could cry!!! Please let me be you for a day. Ahhhh.... I could move there in a heart beat too. And seriously kids or no kids I am coming! Adam and I have our plans. The only problem is I think I need to be there for MONTHS to enjoy. Who knows... maybe a European adventure is in our future. My dream is a shoot takes there. Could happen! Keep the pics comin' lady. And you look so much like your mom in that close up of you and Jason it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't die Beth-just book a flight, have Adam's parents watch the kids and GO. Don't wait for the shoot!! OR just take them all. I saw SO many families traveling it was inspiring.

    ReplyDelete