Sunday, March 6, 2011

New Church

I found a great new church TWO blocks from my apartment! 
This little cartoon picture from their webpage actually gives a good idea of what it is like there.  The structure is a beautiful old stone church founded in 1847, making it the oldest surviving Episcopal Church in Jersey City. Inside there are little folding chairs instead of pews and the people who sit in those chairs are every color of the ethnic rainbow. Just like in the drawing. The pastor is inspirational because even though he has a "King's Speech" stutter, he delivers a great sermon, plays guitar and everyone there loves him. You can feel a huge sense of community at Grace and I am excited to take part in my new ultra diverse community praying, singing, and feeding the homeless. Could this be my cause? Simple yet close to home. My new home. I feel another New Years resolution coming on.

3 comments:

  1. Is there a Like button for this one? Love that you found this... would love to check it out with you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Can't wait to hear more about it...

    ReplyDelete