Friday, February 18, 2011

Before and...During, during, during

They always cut from before to after on HGTV and skip the during during during during during work where an entire TEAM of construction and carpentry guys come in and tear a room apart. Jason Campbell, singer, actor, photographer, computer programmer, carpenter and now plumber has torn our bathroom apart on his own. Putting it back together has taken three weeks and after countless trips to Home Depot, layers of dust and his brilliance at this work we are close to a reveal. But in the meantime it's:

BEFORE:
It started with getting a new fan. Ended with GUTTING the entire room!!!!
I had to make it extra cluttered for affect.
Eiw look how cluttered! What ugly tiles!
The medicine cabinet were totally falling apart and one side didn't even open. The vanity was so old it never felt clean. 

DURING:

Removing the vanity. I didn't have any vanity after this process. EIW.
UPDATE: DURING WHILE I WAS AWAY!!!
Woah.
Can we say war zone????

 DURING:
Adding the heated floor. Why? Because when is the next time we will be under the tiles? Never. And another popular answer is WHY NOT? 
Jason rewired the electric to make this happen. Right.
 DURING:
Tiling is fun right honey???
Laying the last tile. Looking so cute and so happy and soooo dirty!!!
Stay tuned for the big reveal after the commercial break!!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! So glad you got shots of this! Jason Campbell is the bomb! Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all. That's hot. I want a man to rip apart my bathroom. Why is it that a guy taking initiative like that is a turn on (not that I'm hitting on your husband, ok??). :)

    Second, Yes! Heated floor.

    Third, can't wait to see the reveal!!!! Wish I could see it in person. I've been having major "I wanna go to NYC" moments lately. But I keep reminding myself it is cold there.

    Love you guys!!! Tell J good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. R YOU KIDDING ME? That shot with all the destruction. I can't get over this. You guys are amazing. J.-- can we hire you to redo our apartment? Heated floors???

    ReplyDelete