Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Victorian Christmas

My first Christmas in Victoria was every bit as lovely as expected! 

We were talking about Christmas newsletters and how they may sometimes come across as a bragfest and I started worrying my blog is an extended version of a bragfest all year long. But I’m sorry I HAVE to brag. My in-laws rock. 

When I first met them I knew they must be good people because Jason was good people. But every year that I have gotten to know them better they keep outdoing themselves with goodness. We have had lovely breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and been served lovely lattes in between. We went to a lovely service at Christ Church Cathedral with a choir singing Haydn and a candle light ceremony at midnight. I got many lovely gifts, and enjoyed the loveliness of giving gifts more. But the greatest gift Colin and Linda gave me was a card that asked me on the outside where they were going to be on January 30th. On the inside of the card there was a picture of Baba’s house. They want to come to Dunkirk to see Baba for her 100th birthday! Cannot begin to express my gratitude for their kindness, thoughtfulness and pure love for this gesture.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: