Friday, January 7, 2011

Brochu, Ball, Babs and Bernadette

I love New York. Have I mentioned this already? Worth mentioning again. I feel like you don't have to do very much to feel like you a part of something much bigger than yourself here. We had a great night with Jim Brochu, his partner Steven, and my friends Zach and Michael last night. Jim was good pals with my comedic idol Lucille Ball so I had to take a picture with her autographed glamor shot.  Yeah, just pals with LUCILLE BALL. Barbara Streisand came to Jim's show in New York and was so impressed with him that she gave him the autographed picture you see on the wall above...and the view from their balcony makes their place in the heart of the theater district quintessential NYC.

Ok. Deep breaths. A Little Night Music was SO SO SO inspiring!!!! I can't believe how I am exposing the musical theater nerd in me on my blog in this manner, but I don't care. Bernadette Peters is Steven Sondheim's girl because she knows, understands, and interprets his music like no one else. She was absolute brilliance on every level. The audience went so insane for the whole production they were on their feet before the lights went up for curtain call. Alright, I might have led the standing ovation but I was very confident everyone in that theater felt the way I did. I kissed her poster. I am a nerd. I love New York.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I wanted to see this!!!! One of my all time favorite musicals.

    ReplyDelete