Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude 2010

I am thankful today and every day for so many things. In no particular order, here goes a quick list:
  • My supportive, loving, dashing, angel of a man who is my husband
  • my amazing Mama and my family who also support me and my crazy life that takes me away from them
  • HEALTH, HEALTH, HEALTH
  • my spectacular Baba who is about to celebrate a century on planet earth
  • my friends who as an only child I consider my brothers and sisters
  • my job that allows me to do what I love, and grow as a performer during a time when jobs are hard to find and keep. It also allows me to eat caviar for free. Yes, I am thankful for my job.
  • coffee and Earl Grey tea-nothing can get me down after a cup of one of these
  • music
  • love
  • beauty in almost everything I see
  • positivity
  • perspective
I could go on and on, but I wanted to write about perspective. I am in Mexico today and I saw a mother teaching her three year daughter to barter their goods to the cruise ship passengers flooding the port. They weren't allowed past the chain link fence so they were using a whistle to get our attention though the gate. Instant perspective. In America most parents are teaching their three year old children to share and getting them ready for pre-school. We are very lucky in our country to have the riches and comforts we do.

Give thanks! Be blessed, peaceful and happy on this Thanksgiving and always!!!

1 comment:

  1. You were such an angelic little babushka! xoxo Thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete