Saturday, August 16, 2014

NYC TO LV

Yes, the exodus has really happened and I can finally sit and breathe and write about it. :) 

I only like NY as a friend! After being an addict to the incredible highs and manic lows, I am breaking up with my fascinating, dynamic, eclectic, giving yet slightly abusive lover, 
New York City.

I really thought leaving NYC would be some kind of huge traumatic experience but it really just wasn't, which makes me believe it was absolutely the right decision. So if anyone is reading this thinking they are "giving up on the dream" by leaving-you're not. And all of a sudden all these articles started popping up that re-affirmed some of my feelings. This one. This one. This hilarious spoof. And especially... THIS ONE. Like the subways aren't bad enough being completely dysfunctional. I had bed bugs in Queens. Worst ever, and I am not surprised in the least that those buggers-pun intended-have taken over-they are an army that could survive a nuclear war.

Reasons for the move: Lifestyle, open spaces indoors and out, speaking of outdoors-being outdoors all year round, cost of living, trading a condo for a sprawling estate....you get the picture. NYC got crazy at the end there, income is dramatically separating itself from cost of living-I had a friend recently get offered a temp job for $15/hr-what I was making fourteen years ago! Now now, I don't want to sound bitter, nor negative about my dear ol dirty town that I have been infatuated with for years....but let's just say things felt very different towards the end there. Who knows maybe I'm just an old lady who wants to sip tea on a mountain somewhere. Maybe partially, but we also chose Vegas because I just couldn't be in a sleepy town! Vegas runs 24/7 too, we can see every concert, tour, and fabulous entertainment as well as hike, bike, and climb a mountain with some tea. It actually ended up being the best of both worlds. And who knew having a car would be so convenient when there is free parking everywhere??
VIVA!! 
More stories on the horizon....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment