Saturday, April 6, 2013

Rupert the Wonderdog

I can't believe I have yet to write about one of the biggest moments of my life! 
We finally got our dog!! 
What a long and exhausting search but it was completely worth the work finding our perfect fur baby. I think I haven't written because the story of how we got him was complicated and I did not have the strength to write it all out. So instead of going into the looong (but in the end really rewarding) story why don't I just give you a list of some tips when looking for a dog.

1. Try everything in your power not buy from a pet store.
2. Do not buy a dog where you can't see the parents or how it spent it's first 8 weeks on the planet.
3. If you don't rescue, buy from a reputable breeder. Preferably AKC registered.
4. Research your breeds so you know exactly which one is right for you.
5. If you see that the puppy is lethargic or unresponsive there may be something wrong health wise with the puppy. :( With this said, get your puppy checked by your own vet within 48 hrs.
6. Take a week off from work your first week with the puppy so you can start training right away. 

Look at my dog. He is amazing. We are obsessed in a very unhealthy way. Look at him!! He is a model! Yes, we are preparing him for show biz and yes we are "those people".
Matching Jackets. Go ahead and judge.
Daddy obsessed.
Mommy obsessed with her kangaroo baby.
I'm pretty and I know it.
This is how little I am.
Don't you want to cuddle me? Good luck tearing me away from the people I live with.

1 comment:

  1. I love him. He is so cute. He needs a trip to Cali - stat. I have a yard !!! Get him out here.

    ReplyDelete