Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Campbell Nest

Did I mention that I have the greatest husband in the world? Not only does he live up to this title with the various positive human attributes that I gush about daily to anyone who will listen, he is lately uncovering his abilities with a hammer, nails and a fresh coat of paint since the purchase of our condo. Here is the before and after of the main dining/living room. The only reason the "after" pictures look darker is because the room has brightened up so much that I had to pull down the exposure in my iphoto!
He stripped the paint off of the fireplace door that he found in an antiques junkyard to reveal a beautiful Victorian scene etched in metal. It was originally made in 1874 and is very Pride and Prejudice. And we all know how I feel about that.  I can go no longer without saying how ardently I admire and love you fireplace!  I am such a nerd. The rustic coffee table he made for a mere $100 out of planks from the renovated Coney Island boardwalk. I know, I know, he's cool!
I had the BEST time with him in NYC as always. We took a walk to Hoboken along the water and it is just gorgeous. I am falling more in love with this neighborhood the more we explore it!
Here is a picture of me trying to point out my ship from the New Jersey view:

1 comment:

  1. love, love, love, looooooove the place. you rock jason!!! come do my apt. next!

    ReplyDelete